Questo sito fa uso di cookie, anche di terze parti, per migliorare la tua esperienza di navigazione. Accettando questa informativa dai il consenso al loro utilizzo. OK Voglio saperne di più

Our History

The Masseria has a very ancient story: the most ancient part of the building
goes back to the end of the 16th century, when Puglia was under the domination
of the Spanish and of a Feudal system. At the time, the Masserias were really and truly
autonomous agricultural centres, consisting of housing,  from animals
(sheep, goats, cows, oxen, horses and courtyard animals) to agricultural instruments and food
provisions to the survival of the inhabitants of the House.
Even Jorche had a business function and was considered one of the biggest
and the most complete in the area. The central building, made up of two floors,
is the oldest part of the Masseria : the top floor was the reserved for the owner and
was used as a store room for vegetables and grain.
The floor beneath was used for all the other workers employed by the House.
At the end of the year 1800, Jorche reached the height of splendor when
it became the property of the Baron Bardoscia, a great land-owner who,
at the beginning of the year 1900, owned various Houses in the area.


L'ospitalità ANTICA MASSERIA
privacy policy - cookie policy